Did you know that there is approximately 80 percent of the world’s population uses a mobile phone? According to Statista, 6.4 Billion population in the universe use mobile phones in 2021. This ratio shows that how mobile phones have become popular in the universe. So, similarly, there are as many queries that occur as an increase in usage. One of the common issues related to cell phones is how to use the phone without a battery. Is it possible to use the phone without a battery? The answer is yes, definitely you can use the phone without a battery. But it is not easy as it looks because this requires technical efforts to run your phone without a battery. Here in this article, detailed information is provided for this issue. You have to carry on your work carefully and real and interpret all the instructions. By this article you will know about how to use a phone without battery.
The battery is the key part of your phone. When the battery is dead or not working correctly, then your phone becomes useless. How to save your phone from wastage and made it functional without a battery? Here are few methods that may be helpful for you to switch on your phone without a battery.
How to use the phone without battery
Different methods can help use the phone without a battery. That’s your choice and availability of resources that you use which method to switch on your phone without battery. But before using any method you have to know about your device’s maximum voltage capacity and amperage. When you collect certainly require information about your phone, next comes to methods used to switch it on without battery.
As you know, that phone is a chargeable device, and it requires stable voltage to work properly. If you directly connect it to charging without a battery, then the voltage drops to zero, and your phone does not work. So, you have to create a stable power supply to your phone that creates 3.4–4.4 Volts on a 2 amperes current. Let’s come to the point that, how you make that connection.
In this procedure, you have to directly contact your phone to charge without a battery. It is dangerous work, maybe spoil your phone sometimes, but may work in many cases. Things that you require to switch on your mobile without a battery are
- Constant power supply;
- Soldering iron, rosin, solder.
- USB cable;
Here are the step-by-step instructions through which you can connect your phone without a battery.
- Find the contacts of your device to connect the power source.
- The next step is to detect + and – terminals of your device. You can take the help of an ammeter or also observe from the battery that you remove from your device.
- Next, you have to find a wire for a stable connection. Buy a power adapter that is capable to maintain 3.4–4.4 Volts in 2-ampere current.
- Next, you require a voltmeter that helps you to find contacts with 3.2-3.4 volts voltages.
- Now connect plus of power adapter to plus of device and – of the device to – of the power adapter.
- After connecting wires properly, now supply current to the adapter.
- If still, your phone is not working, then shuffles the cable, maybe you may connect opposites poles.
- If you need this phone only for emergency purposes then cover wires with tape, otherwise soldiered the wires.
Data Exchange module
If your device has a data exchange module, you cannot switch it on without a battery through a direct connection. If you know how to solder wires, you can use the following procedure, otherwise, contact some experts. Here is the method, with the help of which you can switch on your phone without a battery with a data exchange module.
- First of all, you have created platforms for contacts by removing the case from the old battery.
- In the two terminals of the battery, adjust the resistance of approximately 20 kΩ.
- Now solders contacts with resistance on the pad.
- In the end, connect the wires of the power supply with the battery by keeping the polarity of the terminals in mind.
This method may wok some time or, it may also break your device. You must carefully do all the steps.
Precautions while turn on the phone without battery:
You can turn on your phone without battery by following one of the procedures. But that is not simple and safe as it involves electricity. You should be careful while making a connection, and here are the few precautions that you should follow while connecting your phone to currents.
- Check all the wires and compatibility of your device.
- Never directly touch wires while the power supply is on, first switch off the power supply, then make the connection of the wire.
- Be careful while purchasing adapters and wires that they are not broken and short circuits.
- Be attentive when you connect different wires to the power supply and device that positive terminal is connected to positive and vice versa.
- If you how to more solder wires then do it yourself otherwise contact some experts. Because the wrong solder may result in an explosion of the device.
- Never make a call while your device is a connection to the power supply.
- Be careful while removing the case from the battery because it may explode.
- Never provide current more than 2 amperes because it will burn your device hardware.
Switching on a phone without a battery is not an easy task. But at the same time, it is not impossible. You can make your old devices useful if it has battery problems by connecting them directly to the power supply by using a source between them. You may use a direct connection or data exchange module to switch on your phone without a battery. These methods are reliable, but in few cases, they can damage your device. So always be careful while applying the procedure that they give you the best result.
You may read also –How to Remove the Metal Plate from Your Phone